Sustainable development is part of the social commitment that Meber has taken on since the beginning of its operations. The company bases its development on the ongoing search for the balance between business and its environmental-related issues.
Environmentally friendly practices are featured in the guidelines of SIM (Meber Smart Sustainability) project, which reflects the proactive stance of the company with regard to social and environmental responsibility. The measures range from proper waste treatment and disposal, treatment of gases generated during the production processes, reduction of water consumption, raw materials and power to the implementation of a Cleaner Production methodology. These investments are aimed at minimizing the generation of waste through simple and inexpensive measures, developed based on suggestions given by employees. Learn more:
To the consumer
The company pays careful attention to sustainability aspects all through its entire manufacturing process. Meber extends to consumers the responsibility towards nature offering products that feature the rational use of natural resources in all their stages. For instance, the collections leave the factory with an aerator mechanism, flow control and opening systems that reduce water consumption and waste.
These measures contribute to the conservation and construction of a healthy consumption relationship with the environment. Therefore those who choose Meber products are contributing to the concept of sustainability every time the products are used in their daily lives.
Selective waste collection
- - Implemented in 1998 in the entire company.
- - Emery powder
- - Polishing powder
- - Fumes from welding
- - Electroplating mist.
Cleaner Production (CP)
- - It reduces the generation of waste at its source;
Reuse of solid waste
- -22% of the class I and class II waste generated is recycled in the company;
- -33% of the class I and class II waste generated is recycled outside the company;
- -43% of the class I and class II waste generated is disposed in a licensed industrial landfill;
- -2% of the class I and class II waste generated is returned to the suppliers.
- -30% of the sand used in the core molding process in the foundry is reused.
Reuse of liquid waste
- - Over 50% of the water used to make the products is reused during their manufacturing process. This is possible thanks to the investment Meber has made in cleaner production equipment;
- - 33% of the class I and class II waste generated is recycled outside the company;
- - 43% of the class I and class II waste generated is disposed in a licensed industrial landfill;
- - 2% of the class I and class II waste generated is returned to the suppliers.
- - 30% of the sand used in the core molding process in the foundry is reused.
- - Meber operational systems are licensed by the environmental agency of the State of Rio Grande do Sul (FEPAM) - LO number 9450/2009.
To the employee
Meber fosters a culture of sustainability within the company by promoting periodic action plans to make employees aware of their role in building a responsible society. The company also shows, in practice, the benefits of working in line with the environment. Its manufacturing unit develops some of the most modern concepts of sustainability:
- - Rainwater collection;
- - Daylighting;
- - Thermal comfort;
- - Use of treated water in the toilets;
- - Energy efficiency.